If you are wondering about my week:
- I felt icky about Pallotta’s TED talk on increasing nonprofit overhead. I understand innovation, but I also know how important our causes are, so how important it is to be good stewards of our finances.
- I cried reading about the father-daughter dance that took place at Richmond City Jail. It really restored my faith in humanity.
I also found the below articles interesting.
- Scientists believe ending poverty hinges on tougher environmental goals
- Why there is little coverage of Americans struggling with poverty and Questions about coverage on poverty
- Can home visiting alleviate poverty?
- Schools segregation by race and income worsening in the Richmond region
- Smart, low-income students are applying the the wrong colleges
- Richmond high schools create alternatives to suspension
Upcoming Free Webinars:
I am looking for good resources on support groups and bereavement groups. If anyone knows of any, please comment with the link below!